Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Blog Post!!

This is an important moment for me! This is the first blog I’ve ever written. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, but wasn’t sure how to do it, where, when, or even if. And finally, now here I am. People say that blogs are like a diary. Do I hide it under my bed, lock it with a key? Tell it all my secrets? It seems like a wonderful place to share my thoughts, worries, and my passions. A place to sort things out ya know? It’s going to be fun sharing my thoughts with you, outside the context of normal conversation... But the issue here is that I never really know what to say. What people want to hear and what people don't really give a crap about. And really I worry that no one will even be reading. That I would be writing this for nothing. Can I talk about personal issues here, how much should I reveal about family etc? I could keep everything general and abstract but it would be hard not to refer to what is happening to me day to day.
Hmmmm don't know the answer. Guess I'll keep going until I stop! I've tried to keep a diary at various points in my life and never had the discipline to keep them going. I wonder if doing it on my computer will make it any easier. I spend enough hours with it on my lap, so I should be able to find ten minutes or so now and then to "put pen to paper". Right? Of course Arielle, you say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment